|Version 27 (modified by anonymous, 8 years ago) (diff)|
This page was created as a way to collect tickets, wiki pages, etc. that have similar goals. A ticket keyword just isn't enough sometimes. Add a group, description, analysis, and/or links about a feature you are interested in. If there is too much information about the feature to fit on this page, then create a wiki page dedicated to that feature and link to it here.
Please note that there is already a grouping of VersionOneFeatures.
All of these might be the same thing: http://code.djangoproject.com/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&summary=%7Eauto_now&order=priority
Unicode encoding issues
Several tickets are mentioned in this mailing list thread: unicode issues in multiple tickets (#952, #1356, #3370) and thread about Euro sign in django-users
Comments made by Michael in the above mailing list thread
The problem that started the original thread in django-users was that the MySQLdb backend thought it was using latin-1 encoding for the connection and therefore could not encode '€', which is in iso-8859-15 but not in iso-8859-1 aka iso-latin-1. Ticket #2896 seems to explain how this can happen.
In my opinion, each of the three tickets in the subject should solve this issue, and none tries to cope with templates written in a different encoding than settings.DEFAULT_ENCODING.
#952 allows to use a different encoding on the connection than settings.DEFAULT_CHARSET. It does it for all backends.
#1365 sets connection.charset in the mysql backend to utf8. This makes the MySQLdb use utf8 encoding, but it's hackish and has been reported not to work in all environments.
#3370 opens the mysql backend connection with charset='utf8', which seems a cleaner way to do the same as #1365. It also fixes the repr of models (not sure if this is the best way, but this can be added to any of the other patches)
I'm still working on a different proposal.
- #3546 - Add timestamp and user for edits to Comment/FreeComment in contrib.comments
- #1829 - refactor comment urls
- #2134 - add comment object to comments/posted template
- #1853 - admin documentation section errors for 'comments' tags
- #2177 - include Free Preview and Posted Templates for Comments App (has patch)
- #2228 - Add e-mail and URL to free comments (with patch, design. dec. needed)
- #3091 - Add 'extra_context' and 'context_processors' to django.contrib.comments (with patch)
- #3473 - Karma creation broken (with patch)
- #3546 - Add timestamp and user for edits to Comment/FreeComment
Many of these will be obsoleted by newforms-admin and subsequent changes after 0.96
- weird interaction with auto_now_add on update raising an exception (#2717)
- Multiple FileFields & edit_inline interaction overwriting preceeding files (#2413, #792)
- interacting with a specific unique_together ordering (#2470, #526, #2415)
- problems with unique (#565)
- edit_inline deleting stuff (#3425)
- validator issues: (#265, #1690, #3043)
- Manipulator allowing "stealing" of related objects (#3145)
- Multiple Foreign Keys (#1939 & another 3 or 4 tickets marked as dupes)
- Not using a sensible default state (#2159)
- Causing KeyError, when follow=False in manipulator constructor or editable=False in model definintion (#2434, #1603)
- Causing IndexError (#3519)
- OneToOne fields (#24)
- Ignoring things with core=True (#2724)
- Non-working prepopulate from (#957)
- A possible better way of doing things (which Adrian says is "fantastic") #2248 (*note: backwards incompatible change)
- Problem with auto_now_add (#1030)
- Admin ordering not working (#2679)
- collapsing in admin interface (#494)
- OneToOne edit_inline - can not add new object in Django admin (#3662)
- OneToOne field - ChangeManipulator looks for related primary key (#3188)
Incorrect SQL construction
There are a bunch of these, so here's a placeholder for them. Many are already assigned to mtredinnick; the remainder should be. I'm working on a rewrite of the query creation portion of QuerySets -- Malcolm.
Current manipulator tickets should be tested with newforms to make sure the problems aren't repeated
Tickets that can be closed once newforms is being used in generic views
Feature requests that need a decision on whether or not to add to newforms
Tickets still need to be looked at: http://code.djangoproject.com/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&summary=%7EManipulator&order=priority
- Models CRUD via web services (#115) with a lot of duplicates
- [patch] XMLRPC support for django (#547) for part of a solution (set as duplicate of #115)
On the web:
- XMLRPC in Django http://www.allyourpixel.com/post/xmlrpc-djgo/
- Django Ajax Redux http://lazutkin.com/blog/2005/dec/10/django-ajax-redux/
- Pingbacks: XML-RPC and Django http://www.personal-api.com/train/2007/feb/01/pingbacks-xml-rpc-and-django/
- toward a RESTful approach to Django applications: http://www.stonemind.net/blog/2007/03/01/toward-a-restful-approach-to-django-applications/
- Extend URL resolver support for HTTP Methods / REST support: http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/15056b2979180228/e9c4c94408a54f44
- metaapi: Django Meta-API - Invitation to Criticize! http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/639016969c4cd323/745e4111d3835634
- Django, RDF & XUL http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/da7638815273dbcd/c0a371f9f6ebd286
- REST-like web services in Django http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/9f438744f6be28b4/bf7d2d3314d4df0f
- A RESTful Django? http://groups.google.com/group/django-users/browse_thread/thread/540bce06cda01fc7/056d6c595547abc9