This page presents a list of useful queries into our ticket system. If you're looking to contribute to Django, whether you're a hardcore Python hacker or a complete newbie, below you'll find clear lists of what needs to be done. For people with skills in documentation, we've split out reports that include documentation-only tickets.
These links will list all tickets associated with you, and can be bookmarked for easy reference:
- Tickets owned by me (include closed tickets)
- Tickets reported by me (include closed tickets)
- Tickets owned or reported by me (include closed tickets)
Easy-pickings - how about contributing an easy patch to get started?
Any experienced member of the community, or any reasonably experienced Python/web developer, is welcome to start work on these, and as a community run project with a small core team, we absolutely rely on these contributions! Remember to consult our ticket triage policy, and also remember you can add more filters to these reports to select the components you have experience with. Thanks!
These new tickets need work to see:
- if reported bugs are really bugs or
- if suggested features are sensible features to be added
They may also need to have the component changed and other meta-data set.
These tickets have been accepted and have patches, but someone needs to review the patch for quality, checking docs and tests.
When done, either set to 'Ready for checkin' or the relevant flags regarding patch quality, docs and tests.
Once you're ready to actually start on possibly-difficult problems, these tickets contain requests that have been accepted but have no patches, or patches that are not up to scratch, or are missing docs or tests.
Broken down a bit further:
- Tickets that need patches
- Tickets that have patches but need to be improved
- Tickets that need documentation
- Tickets that need unit tests
- Tickets that only need documentation
- Tickets that only need unit tests
- Documentation tickets that need patches
Once a patch is implemented, someone else will need to review it.
High priority bugs: