Unique fields don't work on edit_inline models
|Reported by:||kyrrigle@…||Owned by:||nobody|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||admin edit inline unique error nfa-fixed|
|Cc:||kyrrigle@…, ep@…, christoph.rauch@…, frankie@…, mail@…, jarek.zgoda@…, avinash@…, Django565@…, matiassurdi@…, duke@…||Triage Stage:||Accepted|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
There seems to be a bug with validating inline editable items that have unique=true.
1) Modify the tutorial polls app so that the Choice model defines choice as:
choice = meta.CharField(maxlength=200, core=True, unique=True)
2) Create a poll with two choices, click 'save and continue editing'
3) Add a third choice (with unique name) and click 'save'
You should see a "Choice with this choice already exists." validation error for the second choice.
Change History (20)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by david@…
- Keywords admin edit inline unique error added
- Version set to magic-removal
comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by Seer
- Summary changed from Unique fields don't work on edit_inline models to Unique fields don''t work on edit_inline models
comment:5 Changed 7 years ago by Simon G. <dev@…>
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Version changed from magic-removal to SVN
comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by Simon G. <dev@…>
- Summary changed from Unique fields don''t work on edit_inline models to Unique fields don't work on edit_inline models