edit_inline interaction with auto_now_add on update raising an exception
|Reported by:||antoni.aloy@…||Owned by:||adrian|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Add a warning in the documentation about edit_inline, as is not working as espected:
- If you have a DateField with auto_now_add, if you try to make an update it tries to put that field to NULL, giving an exception.
- If you modify the parend record and the child one you'll get an exception.
- Sometimes you're not able to insert any child record, but there is no error message.
It works fine for simple cases, but it crashes if you try to do some real work.
Change History (6)
comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by Gary Wilson <gary.wilson@…>
- Cc gary.wilson@… added
- milestone changed from Version 0.93 to Version 1.0
comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by Simon G. <dev@…>
- Summary changed from edit_inline does not work to edit_inline interaction with auto_now_add on update raising an exception