edit_inline Manipulator processor allows "stealing" of related objects
|Reported by:||jag@…||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||yes||Patch needs improvement:||no|
This may be the desired behavior, but I'd probably consider it a security bug. I'll let you decide, and if you agree, I'll come up with a patch for it...
Let's say I have a shopping cart system. So I have two models:
class ShoppingCart(models.Model): # ... snip ... class ShoppingCartItem(models.Model): shoppingcart = models.ForeignKey(ShoppingCart, edit_inline=models.STACKED) product = models.ForeignKey(Product, core=True) quantity = models.IntegerField() # ... snip ...
Then I have a view using django.views.generic.create_update.update_object and a template that contains:
<form action="." method="post"> <input type="text" name="shoppingcartitem.0.id" value="3" /> <input type="text" name="shoppingcartitem.0.product" value="3" /> <input type="text" name="shoppingcartitem.0.quantity" value="3" /> <input type="submit" /> </form>
If Alice creates a shopping cart with one item, 3 "Product 3"'s as above, and then Mallory comes in to her own shopping cart (not actually accessing the same ShoppingCart object as Alice but a distinct on of her own) and posts to this view with the values: shoppingcartitem.0.id=3&shoppingcartitem.0.product=3&shoppingcartitem.0.quantity=100, the item will be removed from Alice's cart and placed into Mallory's cart with a quantity of 100.
I would expect that Django would beef about either a) letting Mallory reassign the ForeignKey value for ShoppingCartItem(pk=3) or b) letting Mallory alter the value of ShoppingCartItem's not related to the ShoppingCart object she's viewing. Neither occurs.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by Gary Wilson <gary.wilson@…>
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by Fast exchanger
- Cc None added
- Component changed from Core framework to Documentation
- Keywords None added
- Owner changed from adrian to jacob
- Summary changed from edit_inline Manipulator processor allows "stealing" of related objects to Fast exchanger
- Triage Stage changed from Accepted to Ready for checkin
- Version set to unicode
comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by SmileyChris
- Cc None removed
- Component changed from Documentation to Core framework
- Keywords security added; None removed
- Needs tests set
- Owner changed from jacob to adrian
- Summary changed from Fast exchanger to edit_inline Manipulator processor allows "stealing" of related objects
- Triage Stage changed from Ready for checkin to Accepted
- Version unicode deleted