Official translations of the documentation
|Reported by:||survaes@…||Owned by:||nobody|
|Cc:||hirokiky@…||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
In the docs, the url is prefixed by en/version, if i change to another language i found 404 pages.
I think this point is important and that many tranlators have stopped theirs job because they are not published (if you show this page wiki1 and this other wiki2), you can see that many efforts have been made.
I take this report as blocked, because i think that for too much developpers, don't to read docs in theirs language is blocking. For me even if i can read and write english, i read and write slowly than in my mother language. For coding this is a little problem (signs are near math formulas), for docs, this is a strong problem, as you read many sentences in shorts times.
To conclude my questions are :
- Is it possible with actual system to publish translation.
- If yes :
- when django will permit to send translations and to publish them?
- where? (svn, git, a special django system...)
- what will be the translation process? acceptance - failover...
If this is possible, i will participates and many others. Be sure that this interessests many people.
Whatever your answer, thanks for your works, this site is so clear and django is a powerfull framework.
Change History (20)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by aaugustin
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Severity changed from Release blocker to Normal
Changed 4 years ago by claudep
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by claudep
- Component changed from Djangoproject.com Web site to Internationalization
- Has patch set
- Patch needs improvement set
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Type changed from Uncategorized to New feature
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by timo
- Component changed from Internationalization to Documentation
- Summary changed from Where are translations for docs to Official translations of the documentation
Changed 17 months ago by timo
comment:17 Changed 17 months ago by Tim Graham <timograham@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed