Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

Last modified 4 years ago

#10663 closed (fixed)

Serbian translations

Reported by: Branko Vukelic <bg.branko@…> Owned by: nobody
Component: Translations Version: master
Severity: Keywords: Serbian
Cc: janos@… Triage Stage: Accepted
Has patch: no Needs documentation: no
Needs tests: yes Patch needs improvement: no
Easy pickings: UI/UX:

Description

Serbian language uses two scripts, Cyrillic (official), and Latin (unofficial, but widely used). I provide translations for both scripts, but I made sr locale Cyrillic, whereas the old sr locale has moved to sr_LA. I have not coordinated the efforts with the original translators, but the original translation seems quite outdated, so I assumed it was ditched.

Attachments (5)

django.po (109.4 KB) - added by Branko Vukelic <bg.branko@…> 6 years ago.
django.po for sr locale
djangojs.po (3.2 KB) - added by Branko Vukelic <bg.branko@…> 6 years ago.
djangojs.po for sr
django.2.po (100.1 KB) - added by Branko Vukelic <bg.branko@…> 6 years ago.
django.po for sr_LA locale
djangojs.2.po (3.0 KB) - added by Branko Vukelic <bg.branko@…> 6 years ago.
djangojs.po for sr_LA
sr_and_sr_Latn.diff (246.2 KB) - added by janos 6 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (15)

Changed 6 years ago by Branko Vukelic <bg.branko@…>

django.po for sr locale

Changed 6 years ago by Branko Vukelic <bg.branko@…>

djangojs.po for sr

Changed 6 years ago by Branko Vukelic <bg.branko@…>

django.po for sr_LA locale

Changed 6 years ago by Branko Vukelic <bg.branko@…>

djangojs.po for sr_LA

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by Branko Vukelic <bg.branko@…>

  • Needs documentation unset
  • Needs tests unset
  • Patch needs improvement unset

I'm sorry for uploading multiple files of same name here, but I wanted to make it clear the sr translations replace what is currently called sr, and the current sr moves to sr_LA.

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by jacob

  • milestone set to 1.1
  • Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by mtredinnick

Since we already had #10175 for this, with an initial conversion to Cyrillic, that has been committed to trunk. Could you update the patches to work with that, please. We've had quite some discussions about this on django-i18n, so some coordination with the other translators would have saved a bit of duplicated effort here.

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by mtredinnick

  • Patch needs improvement set

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by foxbunny

This patch has been accepted as the working version by the SR translation team, synced with Janos' version, and we are now fixing bits and pieces. It will updated to latest trunk after that, and posted here. Hopefully this will happen during this week.

comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by janos

  • Patch needs improvement unset

Here is a patch from Serbian translation team. It includes Serbian and Serbian Latin translations. We agreed that the code for Serbian Latin translation should be sr_Latn. There were some discussions on django-i18n list about that.

Please consider this patch for 1.1 version because it is updated against recent SVN revision.

Changed 6 years ago by janos

comment:7 Changed 6 years ago by russellm

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

(In [11299]) Fixed #10663 -- Updated Serbian (Cyrillic) translation; added a Serbian (Latin) sr_Latn translation set. Thanks to Branko Vukelic and Janos Guljas.

comment:8 Changed 6 years ago by janos

  • Cc janos@… added
  • Has patch unset
  • Needs tests set
  • Resolution fixed deleted
  • Status changed from closed to reopened

I believe that there is a bug.

Latin (sr_Latn) translation is not recognized when it is only in django/local directory (in my case /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.5) even if I change dir name to sr_LATN. When I add translations (sr and sr_Latn) to my projecst/locale dir, the latin translation is recognized only with last four letters are capitalized (sr_LATN).

comment:9 Changed 6 years ago by russellm

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from reopened to closed

I've just re-tested this, and it works fine for me.

In settings.py:

LANGUAGE_CODE = 'sr-Latn'

(note - this is a dash, not an underscore)

To create PO files:

./manage.py makemessages -l sr_Latn

This will create a locale directory of sr_Latn

If you're having problems, you'll need to provide more explicit instructions - including exactly what settings you are using, and what errors/incorrect behaviour you are observing.

comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by jacob

  • milestone 1.1 deleted

Milestone 1.1 deleted

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.
Back to Top