Code

Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

Last modified 6 years ago

#9639 closed (fixed)

Ukrainian translation (update)

Reported by: nickzam Owned by: nobody
Component: Translations Version: master
Severity: Keywords: translation, uk, ukrainian
Cc: Triage Stage: Accepted
Has patch: yes Needs documentation: no
Needs tests: no Patch needs improvement: yes
Easy pickings: UI/UX:

Description

This is translation for uk (ukrainian) locale. django.po, djangojs.po, AUTHORS included.

Attachments (3)

django.patch (198.5 KB) - added by nickzam 6 years ago.
djano.diff (192.7 KB) - added by nickzam 6 years ago.
linux version
django_uk.patch (196.5 KB) - added by nickzam 6 years ago.
fixed, reviewed and updated

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

Changed 6 years ago by nickzam

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by Alex

  • Needs documentation unset
  • Needs tests unset
  • Patch needs improvement unset
  • Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted

It looks like this changed the directory names to use the \ symbol that windows uses instead of /, does anyone know if that causes a problem for *nix users?

Changed 6 years ago by nickzam

linux version

comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by mtredinnick

  • Patch needs improvement set

The filenames are just comments. They flip between Windows and Unix-style separators depending upon who does the translation. Not a big deal; completely harmless.

We do not put translators' names into the PO files (except in the last translator header). They only go in AUTHORS, just like every other contributor. So I'll remove that from the comment at the top of the file (or you can if you decided to make a new patch as a result of the next paragraph).

Also, are you really translating the 1.0-beta-1 release? Or is that just a mistake when you set the version field? Because you should really be working with at least the 1.0 release. Preferably, make a subversion checkout of trunk and translate that (that will become 1.1) and also check out the 1.0.X branch and port your patch to that (you don't have to do both at the same time -- for example, you might choose to only update 1.0.X just before a release there, since it won't change as much as trunk).

Finally -- and this is why I won't commit this just yet -- a bunch of the strings that you appear to have translated freshly still have the #,fuzzy annotation on them. This means they will not be included in the translations (fuzzy strings are there as a reference for translators, but they are not considered to be actual translations, so they don't go into the MO file). Was that your intention? Because some of them are quite simple strings (such as "yes"). I suspect you probably want to remove the "fuzzy" markers on a bunch of those.

If you don't want to do that, no problems, just leave a comment here.

Changed 6 years ago by nickzam

fixed, reviewed and updated

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by nickzam

  • Version changed from 1.0-beta-1 to SVN

ok, I removed translators names, #,fuzzy comments from file. I used gettext first time. So I knew nothing about #,fuzzy strings etc. Thank you for explanation.
This translation applies to latest todays trunk, so I suppose for 1.0.x
See django_uk patch.

comment:4 Changed 6 years ago by mtredinnick

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from new to closed

(In [9574]) Fixed #9639 -- Updated Ukranian translation from Mykola Zamkovoi.

comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by mtredinnick

(In [9576]) [1.0.X] Fixed #9639 -- Updated Ukranian translation from Mykola Zamkovoi.

Backport of r9574 from trunk.

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Change Properties
<Author field>
Action
as closed
as The resolution will be set. Next status will be 'closed'
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'new'
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.