Mac OS X permissions command could be more succinct.
|Reported by:||blinks@…||Owned by:||mboersma|
|Severity:||Keywords:||terminal Mac OS X|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Design decision needed|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Description (last modified by mboersma)
In the Mac OSX Permissions box (at the top of Creating a Project), there is some text suggesting a possible permissions solution:
|... To do this, open Terminal.app and navigate (using the cd command) to the directory where django-admin.py is installed, then run the command chmod +x django-admin.py.|
This line could be made quicker and easier by replacing "and navigate... ." with "and run the command chmod +x `which django-admin.py`." This removes the work involved in locating the installation directory, making it a little less painless, and makes the fix a one-step process. It will also guarantee that the correct django-admin.py is modified.
Possible problem: Backticks can be difficult to recognize in some fonts, but monospace fonts usually show them correctly. The user will most likely copy and paste the command anyway, making this issue moot.
Change History (10)
Changed 8 years ago by mboersma
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by mboersma
- Has patch set
- Keywords Mac OS X added
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Owner changed from nobody to mboersma
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Ready for checkin
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by mboersma
- Summary changed from Mac OSX Permissions, command could be more succinct. to Mac OS X typo, permissions command could be more succinct.
comment:3 follow-up: ↓ 4 Changed 8 years ago by ubernostrum
- Triage Stage changed from Ready for checkin to Design decision needed
comment:7 Changed 7 years ago by mboersma
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Mac OS X typo, permissions command could be more succinct. to Mac OS X permissions command could be more succinct.