Remove models.base.Model.validate(), manipulator field functions, validator lists
|Reported by:||mtredinnick||Owned by:||gwilson|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
With the model-aware validation being pushed to after 1.0, we should ensure nobody uses code that is intentionally in a broken or unsupported state. This means
- Removing django.db.models.base.Model.validate(), since it's always been incomplete and not to be used. But still people try using it. It's not part of the public API at the moment.
- Removing code in django.db.models.fields that is only to support manipulators. They are only oldforms-admin related.
- Removing validator lists from field classes, since they're again only oldforms-admin related.
This probably goes after removing oldforms (#7742) to get the ordering right for people still using oldforms + manipulators.
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by gwilson
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Owner changed from nobody to gwilson
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by gwilson
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed