Unicode error in the syndication system
|Reported by:||aribao@…||Owned by:||adrian|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
First of all, Idon't know if the component is RSS framework, I don't know if it's the same as "Syndication feeds", I guess so.
I'm serving an atom feed, and I got problems with the following line:
subtitle = u"Melón"
The codification is wrong, but with the next line I get an error:
subtitle = "Melón"
Error:'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 40: ordinal not in range(128)
Probably it's because the framework doesn't check the codification before trying to convert it to unicode. I don't know, actually I didn't check the code yet. A matter of time.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by mtredinnick
- Keywords unicode-branch added; unicode ascii syndication subtitle decode removed
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by mtredinnick
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed