Include distribution specific notes
|Reported by:||Owned by:||Jacob|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The installation document does not cover distribution specific notes (like which packages to install and so on) and, belive or not, there are distributions that provide Django packages!!
On the attachments there is:
- install.diff where a note has been added linking to "distribution specific notes"
- distributions.txt where distribution specific notes could be placed, I added the ones for Debian.
I put it on a separate file as those instructions can get larger and there are lots of distributions around there.
To advocate for the patch:
- It makes it easier for people: "apt-get install python-django python-sqlite2" and you're on the road!
- User gets Django upgraded automatically (that's the nice thing of having software packaged)
- It places one more site that talks about Debian hehehehe.
Hope it's ok, could not find any info about "extending" the documentation.