Rework syndications contrib to use generic CBV's
|Reported by:||dokterbob||Owned by:||dokterbob|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||django-sprint cbv syndication|
|Cc:||mathijs@…||Triage Stage:||Design decision needed|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Description (last modified by aaugustin)
Currently, the Feeds contrib is using some sort of custom CBV implementation.
Using Django's 'new' generic class based views would be beneficial in several ways:
- The API would be the consistent with what people are used to.
- It would be easier to extend the Feed API in a consistent way.
- It would reduce the amount of custom code.
Change History (9)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by aaugustin
- Description modified (diff)
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:2 follow-up: ↓ 3 Changed 3 years ago by erikr
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by dokterbob
- Keywords django-sprint cbv syndication added
- Triage Stage changed from Accepted to Design decision needed