Document cache design in `misc/design-philosophies`
|Reported by:||jamesp||Owned by:||timo|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||yes|
I initially found the design of the cache backend classes confusing, especially with respect to references to Memcached in django.core.cache.backends.base.BaseCache.validate_key() . I found that this was added a year ago in ticket #6447, so I figured there was a good reason but it was not explained anywhere I could find.
I discussed this with a couple core developers and hopefully the attached patch will be suitable.
Change History (4)
Changed 3 years ago by jamesp
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by gabrielhurley
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Owner changed from nobody to gabrielhurley
- Patch needs improvement set
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Type changed from Uncategorized to New feature