Move contrib app translations out of core
|Reported by:||ramiro||Owned by:||jezdez|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
In this way we could have, in a sense, more useful/realistic translation coverage stats. If we have N localflavors, every translator needs to take care of translating city, zone, district, tax IDs, etc. of these N countries to his/her own language. I suspect it is rarely used, if at all.
As a translator, I'd like to know that I can get a Django core translation to/near 100% even if I don't get to or don't want to translate all literal of some recently added localflavor and I'm ok with the original strings added by the localflavor author being used instead. It would be useful to know that if I have 20% of missing translation on my 'main' django.pofile, they aren't localflavor translations but rather core, forms, or admin ones.
One data point: Currently localflavor strings represent 48% of the French django.po, for example.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by claudep
- Cc claudep added
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by jezdez
- milestone set to 1.3
- Owner changed from nobody to jezdez
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Summary changed from Segregate contrib.localflavor translations to their ownPO file/gettext domain? to Move contrib app translations out of core
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by jezdez
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed