Ease handling of static files (e.g. included in apps)
|Reported by:||nagyv||Owned by:||jezdez|
|Severity:||Keywords:||settings, media_url, media_root, static_url, static_root|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Separating user uploaded media from site-specific media seems to be meaningful. Thus a separate STATIC_URL, STATIC_ROOT setting would be helpful.
A description of this approach is given by Peter Baumgartner.
The attached patch adds STATIC_URL and STATIC_ROOT to global_settings defaulting them to MEDIA_URL and MEDIA_ROOT, respectively.
The patch works with 1.1 and trunk too.
Change History (21)
Changed 6 years ago by nagyv
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by carljm
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
Changed 6 years ago by lukeplant
comment:8 Changed 6 years ago by jezdez
- milestone set to 1.3
- Owner changed from nobody to jezdez
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:10 Changed 6 years ago by jezdez
- Summary changed from add support for STATIC_URL and STATIC_ROOT to Ease handling of static files (e.g. included in apps)
comment:11 Changed 6 years ago by jezdez
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed