Serialization docs lack information on specific formats
|Reported by:||chrisw||Owned by:||zerok|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
...promises that the serialization docs will give an explanation of the serialisation formats. They don't. In fact the initial-data docs come closest to doing this with the JSON and YAML examples, but nothing for the XML.
So, the bug is that the promise should be fulfilled and the actual formats should be documented somewhere in:
For example, what brought me to this:
- How do I do a datetime in JSON?
- What's the schema for the XML import? How do I do different field types with it?
Change History (11)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by russellm
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by gabrielhurley
- Summary changed from http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/initial-data/ lies ;-) to Serialization docs lack information on specific formats
comment:6 Changed 4 years ago by zerok
- Owner changed from nobody to zerok
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:10 Changed 4 years ago by Aymeric Augustin <aymeric.augustin@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed