|Version 83 (modified by __SERF__, 10 years ago) (diff)|
Django source code repository and wiki
Django is available open-source under the BSD license.
Browse code online
- Browse source: See the full code via a Web interface.
- Timeline: Keep track of recent changes.
- See our download page for download instructions.
- How to contribute to Django: The lowdown on how our community works.
- Tickets: View active tickets, make bug reports and contribute feature requests.
- Little, easy improvements: Get your feet wet by taking on one of these small tasks.
Example applications (With Source Code/Templates)
- djangoproject.com: See the full code and templates for the Django-powered portions of this site (i.e., everything except the ticket system). The Python code is available under the BSD license, but the templates are copyrighted by World Online and shouldn't be copied.
- Custard/Melt: Source code for application developed using Django.
- Django Photo Gallery : Source for a "Gallery with a twist" (by Georg Baur)
- Source for A simple CMS : written with Django (Georg Baur)
- Source for an IRCLogger : done in Django (Georg Baur) ( A site http://rfc1437.de/ : using this simple CMS system.)
- WorkStyle - GTD TODO Management Application. sandbox and trac is available too.
Sites Using Django
- Django-powered sites (48) : List your Django powered site(s) here!
- User-contributed middleware
- Zope3 Page Templates for Django
- Cheetah template for django: Generic views + cheetah's admin functions. Contact dj@….
- Djangoutils: Trac/Subversion with miscellaneous Django utilities (thumbnails, overLIB support, admin utilities).
- Server arrangements: How to use Django with FCGI, Twisted, etc.
- CookBook: Code recipes.
- CommonPitfalls: Common developer errors, gotchas, etc.
- Backwards-incompatible changes: A page that collects all deprecated features and backwards-incompatible changes in preparation for Django's first release.
- DocumentationSuggestions: A place to put docs that you wish you could have found while learning
- Do's and Dont's for application writers: how to make an application that is easy to distribute
- DjangoScreencasts: Official and unofficial screencasts showing Django development in action.
- Python Web development with Django: A presentation in pseudo-PowerPoint format that provides a good overview.
- Simple Bash Script To Setup Development Environment: An example of how to set up your development environment.
- 'django-settings' Bash function: Save the typing of DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE.
- ExtendedUserModel: How to extend the auth systems's User class to contain extra data. (Warning: kludge!)
- Django development with Vim: Hints and tips for using the Vim editor.
- Snakes and Rubies Transcript: Currently a partial transcript of the Snakes and Rubies meeting videos.
- Removing the magic: All about the changes in the magic-removal branch.
- Version One features
- Localization (l10n)
- Streamlinging Unicode Usage
- AJAX and Django
- New-admin changes: The admin code was recently refactored. This explains what's new.