|Version 132 (modified by adrian, 9 years ago) (diff)|
Django source code repository and wiki
Django is available open-source under the BSD license.
Browsing code online
- Browse source: See the full code via a Web interface.
- Timeline: Keep track of recent changes.
- See our download page for download instructions.
- How to contribute to Django: The lowdown on how our community works.
- [report:1 Tickets]: View active tickets, make bug reports and contribute feature requests.
- Little, easy improvements: Get your feet wet by taking on one of these small tasks.
- PyCon Sprint 2006: Monday, February 27, 2006 through Thursday, March 2, 2006.
Descriptions of major changes to the codebase
- Backwards Incompatible Changes: Comprehensive list of backwards-incompatible changes made since first public release.
- Removing the magic: The magic-removal branch was merged to trunk in changeset , May 2006.
- New-admin changes: The new-admin branch was merged to trunk in changeset , November 2005.
Example applications (with source code/templates)
- djangoproject.com: See the full code and templates for the Django-powered portions of this site (i.e., everything except the ticket system). The Python code is available under the BSD license, but the templates are copyrighted by World Online and shouldn't be copied.
- Custard/Melt: Source code for application developed using Django.
- Django Photo Gallery : Source for a "Gallery with a twist" (by Georg Bauer)
- Source for A simple CMS : written with Django (Georg Bauer) ( A site http://rfc1437.de/ : using this simple CMS system.)
- Source for an IRCLogger : done in Django (Georg Bauer)
- WorkStyle - GTD TODO Management Application. sandbox is available too.
- Zyons - Forum/Community application.
- stockphoto - A simple photo gallery (by Jason McBrayer)
Sites using Django
- Django-powered sites : List your Django powered site(s) here!
- User-contributed middleware
- Zope3 Page Templates for Django
- Cheetah template for django: Generic views + cheetah's admin functions. Contact dj@….
- Djangoutils: Trac/Subversion with miscellaneous Django utilities (thumbnails, overLIB support, admin utilities).
- Simple 'scaffolding'?: Spew out simple form fields as a base for modification
- Simple Custom Manipulators?: Spews out a custom manipulator for your model, primed and ready for tweaking.
- Model 'middleware': Add pre/post save/delete callbacks to any model.
- Server arrangements: How to use Django with FCGI, Twisted, etc.
- CookBook: Code recipes.
- CommonPitfalls: Common developer errors, gotchas, etc.
- DocumentationSuggestions: A place to put docs that you wish you could have found while learning
- Do's and Dont's for application writers: how to make an application that is easy to distribute
- DjangoScreencasts: Official and unofficial screencasts showing Django development in action.
- Python Web development with Django: A presentation in pseudo-PowerPoint format that provides a good overview.
- Simple Bash Script To Setup Development Environment: An example of how to set up your development environment.
- 'django-settings' Bash function: Save the typing of DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE.
- ExtendedUserModel: How to extend the auth systems's User class to contain extra data. (Warning: kludge!)
- Django development with Vim: Hints and tips for using the Vim editor.
- Snakes and Rubies Transcript: Currently a partial transcript of the Snakes and Rubies meeting videos.
- WebServices: An example showing how to access a web service (Amazon.com) using Python.
- A python script for parsing settings.py: A small python script can be used to read, modify, save settings.py file.
- A python script for parsing urls.py: A small python script can be used to read, modify, save urls.py file.
- Chinese Django Tutorial: A Chinese Django tutorial step by step.
- Setup on Mac OS X Tiger: Includes installing python 2.4 (which isn't required), the latest version of postgresql, and psycopg.
- Making Custom form fields: Adventures in making new form fields
- Django API (Beta): Automatic generated API using epydoc
- Profiling Django: How to use the Python hotshot profiler with Django
- FormField documentation for Manipulators
- Model Inheritance: Subclassing and model inheritance.
- Version One features
- Localization (l10n)
- Streamlining Unicode Usage
- AJAX and Django
- Better Error Messages: Documenting situations where better error messages would improve the experience of developing with Django