|Version 3 (modified by 4 years ago) (diff),|
Proposal is to store pot files and po translation files in a separate repository (e.g. django-docs-translations). Pot files only take up 4Mb, so considering that for each language, you add ~7Mb, this is too much for the Django main repository.
- A modification is done in the /docs dir of Django's repo.
make gettextin the 'docs' directory generates pot files in
_build/locale(works already). Those pot files are copied to
django-docs-translations/potsand modifications pushed.
- Transifex downloads new pot files once or twice a day.
- Translators translate strings on Transifex.
- At defined times, translations are fetched from Transifex and pushed to
- Translated docs build:
django-docs-translationsgenerates .mo files.
make html LANGUAGE=<locale> TRANSDIR=<path>/django-docs-translations/translations/<locale>/in
- Built HTML files are pushed online
- Some strings are not translatable through po files currently. See https://github.com/django/django/blob/master/docs/_ext/djangodocs.py#L128
- Search should probably be limited in the current language (one search index per language)