contrib.auth login for should accept an authentication_form parameter for alternate backends
|Reported by:||SmileyChris||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
A more generic solution to #7507.
In my example, I want to use email addresses to log in with. But the current AuthenticationForm limits the username parameter to 30 characters. If the form was a parameter, the login view would be a lot more generic.
Change History (5)
Changed 5 years ago by SmileyChris
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by Alex
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by julien
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed