[patch] "view" permission to compliment add/change/delete
|Reported by:||kayos@…||Owned by:||adrian|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Design decision needed|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
This small patch adds a "view" permission to compliment the add/change/delete permissions. A user with this permission will be able to see the admin display_list for an object (django.contrib.admin.views.main.change_list).
It doesn't implement a view_stage(). It would be less trivial to add a sort of read-only version of change_stage/add_stage.
One use case for this feature would be letting users see a list of objects even though they couldn't change them. Another would be letting a user who has add permission (but not change or delete) to see that their object got added.
Change History (13)
Changed 10 years ago by kayos@…
comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by anonymous
- Summary changed from "view" permission to compliment add/change/delete to [patch] "view" permission to compliment add/change/delete
comment:4 Changed 7 years ago by jacmkno
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:6 Changed 7 years ago by ben@…
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:7 Changed 7 years ago by russellm
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from reopened to closed