Allow group comparing with basestring
|Reported by:||italomaia <italo.maia@…>||Owned by:||nobody|
|Severity:||Keywords:||auth, group, improvement|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Design decision needed|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Sometimes, i have to check is a user is in a particular group(from auth), and i have to load the group
i'm checking against, before i can use the "in" operator. Something like this:
MyGroupName="badass_people" group=Group.objects.get(name=MyGroupName) if group in user.groups: ... else: ...
I would like to suggest the overwrite of the method cmp, so that something like this:
group="badass_people" if group in user.groups: ... else: ...
I believe the code to do so is something like this:
class Group(models.Model): #stuff stuff ... def __cmp__(self, group): if isinstance(group, basestring): return cmp(self.name,group) #more stuff...
Change History (2)
comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by Simon G <dev@…>
- Keywords improvement added; improviment removed
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from Group comparing with basestring to Allow group comparing with basestring
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed