FileField doesn't show existing data on newforms widget
|Reported by:||garcia_marc||Owned by:||garcia_marc|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||filefield data link|
|Cc:||marc.garcia@…||Triage Stage:||Design decision needed|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
If we've a model that contains a FileField (or ImageField), and we use admin with it, in that field's widget is displayed a link to existing data on it.
When using form_for_model (or any method to create a form) for same field, that link isn't displayed. I think that it should.
If that's an issue (what I think) I'll develop patch for it.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by brosner
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
- Version changed from newforms-admin to SVN
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by garcia_marc
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed