Objects with file fields, edited inline, throws validation errors on edit
|Reported by:||reidab@…||Owned by:||brosner|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
This is similar to #26.
I have an object with multiple related file attachments, each represented by a related object that i'm editing inline (tabular).
When I edit the parent object, it displays the current value of the file field as a link above the file input.
If I save the parent object, the empty file fields (labeled Change:) throw "This field is required" errors, even though the field has a current value.
It seems that validation on file fields should check both for input (and replace if it exists) and for an existing value.
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by brosner
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by brosner
- Owner changed from nobody to brosner
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by brosner
- Keywords nfa-blocker added; fileuploadfield filefield admin newforms-admin removed