missing word in Windows install instructions
|Reported by:||epnichols@…||Owned by:||anonymous|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||yes|
Item 4 of the following has a bug. the command to run is python setup.py install -- running "setup.py install" actually runs as a Windows shell script for a while and then gives an error message.
Installing an official release
- Download the latest release from our download page.
- Untar the downloaded file (e.g. tar xzvf Django-NNN.tar.gz, where NNN is the version number of the latest release). If you’re using Windows, you can download the command-line tool bsdtar to do this, or you can use a GUI-based tool such as 7-zip.
- Change into the directory created in step 2 (e.g. cd Django-NNN).
- If you’re using Linux, Mac OS X or some other flavor of Unix, enter the command sudo python setup.py install at the shell prompt. If you’re using Windows, start up a command shell with administrator privileges and run the command setup.py install.
Change History (11)
Changed 9 years ago by mboersma
comment:1 follow-up: ↓ 2 Changed 9 years ago by mboersma
- Has patch set
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Owner changed from nobody to mboersma
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Ready for checkin
- Version changed from 0.96 to SVN
comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by mtredinnick
- Patch needs improvement set
- Triage Stage changed from Ready for checkin to Accepted
comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by mboersma
- Owner changed from mboersma to anonymous
- Status changed from assigned to new
comment:7 Changed 8 years ago by ubernostrum
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed