wildcard import in urls.py is actually required
|Reported by:||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I just learned the hard way that messing with
from django.conf.urls.defaults import *
in your urls.py can bring about all kinds of weired behaviour. You lose the ability to debug and no errorpages (404, 500 etc) are shown
I made the mistake to change the import to a more explicit one in my urls.py
from django.conf.urls.defaults import patterns, include
since it was only those two that I needed. big mistake!
it should be noted in the docs somewhere that wildcard import from urls.default is actually required for things to work.