slight mistrans on timesince.py in nl translation
|Reported by:||Alper Çugun||Owned by:||mtredinnick|
|Severity:||Keywords:||i18n, l10n, nl|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The translation of timesince.py does not completely mesh for Dutch.
- The plural of hours is seldom used when preceded by a numeral. The singular suffices. I think the easiest fix is to replace the plural with the singural in the po file and I have affixed a patch for this case.
- It is odd to have the two segments comma separated. In Dutch it would be preferrable to use the Dutch word for and ('en') instead of the comma. This is a higher impact change since the ', ' which is hard coded in timesince.py would have to be gettexted. I'm not completely sure how to fix this, but for now it's acceptable.
Change History (3)
Changed 8 years ago by Alper Çugun
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by Simon G. <dev@…>
- Keywords i18n l10n nl added
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from slight mistrans on timesince.py to slight mistrans on timesince.py in nl translation
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Ready for checkin