Error when I add a "Poll" (from the tutorial) with the settings.py/language="fr"
|Reported by:||yml.nospam@…||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The Admin Interface fails to add object if the settings.py Language="fr". If I switch the language to the default "en-us" I can add a record. It seems that this is due to french character like "éàè".
Here it is an extract to traceback:
Warning at /admin/dj_survey/survey/add/
Data truncated for column 'message' at row 1
Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://localhost:8000/admin/dj_survey/survey/add/
Exception Type: Warning
Exception Value: Data truncated for column 'message' at row 1
Exception Location: /usr/lib/python2.5/warnings.py in warn_explicit, line 102
Traceback (innermost last)
Switch to copy-and-paste view
- /media/My Book/work/web_development/svn_views/django/core/handlers/base.py in get_response
- # Apply view middleware
- for middleware_method in self._view_middleware:
- response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
- if response:
- return response 75.
- response = callback(request, *callback_args, callback_kwargs) ...
- except Exception, e:
- # If the view raised an exception, run it through exception
- # middleware, and if the exception middleware returns a
- # response, use that. Otherwise, reraise the exception.
- for middleware_method in self._exception_middleware:
- response = middleware_method(request, e)
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by mtredinnick
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by anonymous
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened