|Reported by:||arvin||Owned by:||andrewjesaitis|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||yes|
I recognised that the calendar behaves a bit different in Konqueror than in
Firefox: When clicking inside the calendar but not on a element with
functionality (e.g. month name) the calendar is closed in Konqueror but not in
Firefox. This lead me to the first part of my patch:
- Attach "onclick" events to "document" instead of "window". Konqueror does not deliver the event to "window" even when the propagation was stopped. Internet Explorer (tested with IE6 SP2 at a friend computer) does not deliver the event at all to "window". AFAIK "window" in not part of DOM so "document" should be more portable. I have tested the new code with Firefox, Explorer, Safari, Konqueror and Opera.
The other parts are only minor cleanups:
- Event handlers set in openClock/openCalendar are removed in dismissClock/dismissCalendar ("window.onclick = null;" does not work since handlers are installed with addEvent).
- Calendar inserts dates with leading zeroes.
- Remove duplicates of functions "quickElement" and "addEvent".
- Move "removeChildren" and "cancelEventPropagation" to "core.js" as they might be handy also at other places.
If you want a patch with only some parts included let me know.
Change History (13)
Changed 8 years ago by arvin
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by Simon G. <dev@…>
- Component changed from Uncategorized to Admin interface
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Owner changed from jacob to adrian
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Ready for checkin
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by mtredinnick
- Patch needs improvement set
- Triage Stage changed from Ready for checkin to Accepted
comment:9 Changed 2 years ago by andrewjesaitis
- Cc andrewjesaitis added
- Owner changed from nobody to andrewjesaitis
- Status changed from new to assigned