Expose chosen settings to default context processor.
|Reported by:||ciantic@…||Owned by:||adrian|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Design decision needed|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Gives user an ability to expose wanted settings to the default context processors, and when you control it from settings.py the only security risk is: stupid settings creator. Also it gives you control what to expose, if in future user might want to expose something else from there too.
EXPOSE_SETTINGS = ('MEDIA_URL', 'ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX', 'LANGUAGE_CODE')
It could be set by default to that.
There is no point to write multiple settings reading context processors, this is the settings context processor. If your application needs some other setting, then you expose it to the app.
Change History (6)
Changed 9 years ago by ciantic@…
comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by SmileyChris
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by adrian
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by m@…
- Resolution duplicate deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened