admin docstrings not added to doc pages because of stringfilter decorator
|Reported by:||Simon G. <dev@…>||Owned by:||gwilson|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The decorator stringfilter in defaultfilters.py overrides the docstrings, making the documentation for those filters in /admin/doc/filters/ empty.
This is similar to #1840, but in a different component and with a different side effect, however the discussion there might prove useful in resolving this. A possible (ugly)solution may be to call stringfilter inside all the filters which need it, rather than decorating.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by SmileyChris
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by gwilson
- Owner changed from nobody to gwilson
- Triage Stage changed from Design decision needed to Accepted