[patch] runtests.py should exit with nonzero status for failure or error
|Reported by:||mir@…||Owned by:||adrian|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I propose to change the testing system so that for failures, runtests.py or manage.py test return with status code 1 in case of failures. This makes it easier to use the test system automatically.
The attached patch makes django.test.simple.run_tests return the number of failures and uses this return value in runtests.py and manage.py test.
Since I use the test system only for django itself, I didn't check whether it actually works for manage.py test.
Change History (9)
Changed 10 years ago by mir@…
comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by Simon G. <dev@…>
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by anonymous
- Triage Stage changed from Design decision needed to Ready for checkin
comment:5 Changed 10 years ago by russellm
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
Changed 9 years ago by paulegan@…
comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by paulegan@…
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from [patch] runtests.py should exit with nonzero status for failures to [patch] runtests.py should exit with nonzero status for failure or error