Allow use of prepared statements
|Reported by:||est||Owned by:||nobody|
|Component:||Database layer (models, ORM)||Version:||master|
|Severity:||Normal||Keywords:||db, prepared statement|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Since we have persistant connection in Django 1.6 now, can we consider adding prepared statements?
So we can create statements upon the first query, and use the prepared statement for all the rest and so on.
This could be a huge speed up for heavy db IO applications. Reduce traffice size as well as RTT. Also improves security by parameterize queries.
Change History (13)
comment:1 Changed 23 months ago by akaariai
- Keywords mysql removed
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Summary changed from Prepared statement for MySQL to Allow use of prepared statements
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
- Version changed from 1.6-alpha-1 to master