refactor authentication documentation
|Reported by:||ptone||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Authentication is a feature that has had a lot added to it over time. As features are added, the single auth.txt topic doc has grown to an unwieldy size.
Users are faced with basic and advanced concepts all jumbled together, and certain related things were no longer grouped in a useful way.
With the addition of custom users - I wanted to try and get this refactored.
I've split the single doc into the following:
- topic intro
- default auth system - most of the content on using stock system
- API reference - model, backend, and signal reference
- customizing - backends, custom permissions, extending and replacing user model etc
- passwords - all the details that relate to storage mechanism and alternate hashing algos etc
There is one 1.6 item that will need to be removed before a backport
Change History (6)
comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by Preston Holmes <preston@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed