django.contrib.localflavor in INSTALLED_APPS raises DeprecationWarning
|Reported by:||andreas_pelme||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
The documentation states that "If you want localflavor's texts to be translated, like form fields error messages, you must include django.contrib.localflavor in the INSTALLED_APPS setting, ...".
Adding django.contrib.localflavor to INSTALLED_APPS will make that module automatically imported, which will raise a deprecation warning.
The deprecation warning located in django/contrib/localflavor/init.py should probably be moved to django/contrib/localflavor/XX/init.py. That would make the deprecation warning appear when there is some actual code that is imported.
Change History (10)
comment:1 Changed 15 months ago by charettes
- Cc charette.s@… added
- Component changed from Uncategorized to Documentation
- Keywords localflavor added
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
- Version changed from master to 1.5-beta-1
comment:9 Changed 15 months ago by aaugustin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed