Proliferation of dev docs on search engines confuses newbies
|Reported by:||dloewenherz||Owned by:||dloewenherz|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Description (last modified by aaugustin)
I brought this issue up earlier today at DjangoCon, but the basic issue can be summarized hence:
- User searches to find info on a specific feature, gets directed to dev documentation.
- Said feature (on the development version) is backwards incompatible with previous versions of Django.
- User does not know better, assumes Django has a bug.
- Invalid bug is filed in trac.
EDIT: rejected proposal removed, see comment 4.
Change History (17)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by dloewenherz
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Owner changed from nobody to dloewenherz
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by aaugustin
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by aaugustin
- Description modified (diff)
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted