Making it easier to customize Django Admin
|Reported by:||frankwiles||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Description (last modified by jezdez)
I wrote django-admin-views recently (https://github.com/frankwiles/django-admin-views) based on suggestions from Julien Phalip and Jacob Kaplan-Moss they would like to see this be included into the admin.
Specifically I would like to add the following abilities:
1) Easily link up custom admin views to admin:index
2) Include reverse()-able links and off site URLs to admin:index on a per app basis (i.e. defined by the app's admin.py)
3) Include blocks in admin:index to customize the displaying of each app block
4) Ability to define the sort order of the apps manually. Give the user full control or if they just define 2 of 10 apps put the defined 2 at the top in their order and alphabetize the remaining apps to ensure no apps are missing due to not including them in this setting. Would obviously continue to default to alphabetical by app name.
I'm willing to do the work on this and Julien has offered to help mentor/work me through the process.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 21 months ago by jezdez
- Description modified (diff)
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted