Request to add *release* SVN branch to https://www.djangoproject.com/download/
|Reported by:||sorin||Owned by:||nobody|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Design decision needed|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Problem: because django is not released very often, the current release download may be missing essential patches needed for normal development. One example would be CL# 15911.
For this reason I propose the inclusion of the SVN release branch to the downloads page. By using the release branch a developer will take advantage of using a stable and updated django code.
How to solve?
Edit https://www.djangoproject.com/download/ page and add instruction for getting the updated code from http://code.djangoproject.com/svn/django/branches/releases/1.3.X/
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by aaugustin
- Component changed from Uncategorized to Documentation
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
- Type changed from Uncategorized to Cleanup/optimization
- Version changed from 1.3 to SVN
comment:3 Changed 4 years ago by mtredinnick
- Component changed from Documentation to Djangoproject.com Web site