Admin readonly_fields should have a hidden field
|Reported by:||dahool||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
I customized the UserAdmin form setting readonly_fields = ('username',) but on submit the field is still being validated and failing as there is no value for username.
readonly_fields should also generate a hidden field with the current value to use on validation, or disable validation on this fields.
Change History (3)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by russellm
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by dahool
- Resolution invalid deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened