USE_L10N, USE_I18N and DateTime Validation
|Reported by:||idle||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Since 1.2.4 and further till SVN the behaviour of DateTime widget seems to be weird.
As it stated in the documentation USE_L10N defaults to False and before 1.2.4 it worked as expected:
- put LANGUAGE_CODE = 'ru' and USE_I18N = True into settings;
- have contrib.admin in Russian with DateTime widgets using ISO format which differs from Russian native (2011-02-03 vs. 03.02.2011).
Now doing the same with 1.2.4+ I have DateTime widget showing 03.02.2011 so it doesn't validate on save.
The problem is resolved by setting USE_L10N = True, but that makes a little sense.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by idle
- Cc idlesign@… added
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by russellm
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by idle
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by russellm
- Component changed from Internationalization to django.contrib.admin
- Keywords blocker regression added
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by ramiro
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from reopened to closed