SelectDateWidget does not validate chosen date
|Reported by:||mitar||Owned by:||ramiro|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
SelectDateWidget does not validate chosen date and does not show an error to the user about invalid date (like 31 February) but silently discards it and resets/nullify the value. So user does not get any feedback and possibility to correct the date.
This is with USE_L10N set to True.
The problem is probably that any ValueError errors from datetime are silently discarded and input date is taken as it is invalid format not invalid date.
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by lemanal
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by lemanal
- Owner changed from nobody to lemanal
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:6 Changed 6 years ago by ramiro
- Owner set to ramiro
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed