"Save as" does not save entries added with a Inline
|Reported by:||rax||Owned by:||nobody|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||yes||Patch needs improvement:||yes|
Description (last modified by ramiro)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
- go to the admin change form of an instance of a model class with both the "save as" feature enabled, and a TabularInline for relate items.
- change the original instance
- add a new related instance using the TabularInline
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
A new instance should be created, a copy of all the related instances should be created and a new instance for any item added in the TabularInline should be created.
Instead the original item is created, all the pre-existing instances are copied but the new ones are not created.
Note: deleting an entry works as expected is just the add that "fails" by creating the new instance without adding the new related items.
django version: 1.2.3
this may also be related to #4045
Change History (12)
Changed 3 years ago by rax
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by rax
- Has patch set
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests set
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by julien
- milestone set to 1.3
- Patch needs improvement set
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:5 Changed 3 years ago by russellm
- Keywords save-as, blocker, regression added; save-as removed
comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by ramiro
- Summary changed from "Save as" does not save entries added with a TabularInline to "Save as" does not save entries added with a Inline
comment:8 Changed 3 years ago by russellm
- Keywords save-as added; save-as, blocker, regression removed