django.contrib.staticfiles documentation issues
|Reported by:||gremmie||Owned by:||jezdez|
|Has patch:||no||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
While reading the docs for this new app and trying to understand it, I've found some minor documentation type issues.
- Here it says AppDirectoriesFinder looks in a static directory. But here it says the command looks in a media directory.
- Here the 2nd paragraph just abruptly ends ("the findstatic command can help show you where").
- Here the second example has misspelled "example.com".
- The note under here has some sphinx markup mistakes ("When using the :class:AppDirectoriesFinder`")
- Do you want to mention the staticfiles application in this section of the docs?
And maybe this is out of scope for a typo only ticket, but I for one would appreciate some guidance or background on this application and how it relates to MEDIA_ROOT and MEDIA_URL. Maybe stress that MEDIA_URL and MEDIA_ROOT are for files users upload, while staticfiles handles static media for apps (assuming I've correctly interpreted the purpose correctly). I assume this app is trying to solve the problem of getting app media mixed up with user uploaded media?
Change History (4)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by jezdez
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Accepted
comment:2 Changed 6 years ago by jezdez
- Owner changed from nobody to jezdez
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by jezdez
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed