Admin date widget not working on inlines until after validation failure
|Reported by:||Russell Keith-Magee||Owned by:||Jannis Leidel|
|Cc:||Triage Stage:||Ready for checkin|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Description (last modified by )
class Publisher(models.Model): name = models.CharField(max_length=300) class Book(models.Model): name = models.CharField(max_length=300) publisher = models.ForeignKey(Publisher) pubdate = models.DateField()
class BookInline(admin.TabularInline): model = Book class PublisherAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin): inlines = [BookInline] admin.site.register(Publisher, PublisherAdmin)
- Create a new publisher
- Click the "Add a new book" button
- Set the name of the book.
- Press the today button. Nothing happens - the date doesn't populate the date field.
- Press the calendar widget. Select a date. The date doesn't populate the date field.
- Save the object. This should cause a validation error, as pubdate is a required field
- Press the today button. It works!
- Press the calendar widget. It works!
I've observed this using Safari 4.0.4, Firefox 3.5.7, and Chrome 126.96.36.199 (35163) beta on OSX 10.5.8.
Change History (11)
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by
|Triage Stage:||Unreviewed → Accepted|
|Version:||1.1 → SVN|
comment:7 Changed 7 years ago by
|Patch needs improvement:||unset|
|Triage Stage:||Accepted → Ready for checkin|