Adding google news sitemap support to django.contrib.sitemaps
|Reported by:||lakinwecker||Owned by:||lakinwecker|
|Cc:||msimoens||Triage Stage:||Design decision needed|
|Has patch:||yes||Needs documentation:||no|
|Needs tests:||no||Patch needs improvement:||no|
Google News Sitemaps are very similar to normal sitemaps in that they build off of the sitemaps protocol. They add a new namespace to the xml file, along with some added news-specific attributes to eatch url.
This patch adds support for generation of these news sitemaps to the django.contrib.sitemaps application.
There were no tests for this package - so I have not added any news tests. I have however, made an attempt to update the documentation for sitemaps.
Change History (11)
comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by anonymous
- Needs documentation unset
- Needs tests unset
- Patch needs improvement unset
comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by lakinwecker
- Owner changed from nobody to lakinwecker
- Status changed from new to assigned
Changed 6 years ago by lakinwecker
comment:5 Changed 6 years ago by Alex
- Triage Stage changed from Unreviewed to Design decision needed
comment:8 Changed 4 years ago by gabrielhurley
- Component changed from Contrib apps to contrib.sitemaps