|Version 56 (modified by ramiro, 4 years ago) (diff)|
What is a sprint?
Basically, a Django sprint is an excuse for people to focus their undivided attention, for a set time frame, on improving Django. It's a focused, scheduled effort to test, fix bugs, add new features and improve documentation.
Anybody, anywhere around the world, can participate and contribute. (See the "How to contribute" section below for details.) Most contributors will be at their own homes/schools/workplaces, but a number of people will gather together in person for camaraderie, improved communication and the other benefits of face-to-face interaction.
If you've never contributed to Django before, a sprint is the perfect chance for you to chip in.
If you'd like to host a sprint, see SprintHostingHowto.
Upcoming development sprints
- 22-25 Feb 2010
- 2 Mar 2010 - 4 Mar 2010
- Whistler, Canada
- 6 Mar 2010
- Python Argentina PyCamp 2010, Verónica, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Facultad de Matemática, Astronomía y Física Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Córdoba, Argentina
Latest development sprints
How to contribute
It's easy: Pick something to work on and do it. All sorts of tasks are available, from hard-core hacking to improving documentation to fixing small bugs.
Volunteers looking to get an early start should take a look at the SprintIdeas page.
Preparing for the sprint
Here are a few easy things you can do ahead of time to make sure your time is spent effectively:
- Checkout the "trunk" version of Django (aka the Django development version).
- Read our "Contributing to Django" document. In particular, you might want to familiarize yourself with:
- Create an account in our ticket system. This will allow you to claim tickets you're working on.
- Familiarize yourself with our ticket system and reports. You can also see the Roadmap for a list of tickets by milestone.
- Get an IRC client, so that you can join us in the channel #django-sprint on Freenode.
If you plan to attending a sprint in person, please RSVP; each individual sprint page linked above wil give you instructions about how to do so.