|Version 4 (modified by machinalis, 5 years ago) (diff)|
Django sprint, March 6 2010
Django users from Argentina will be holding one-day Django sprints at two locations on Saturday March 6th:
- Python Argentina PyCamp 2010, Verónica, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Facultad de Matemática, Astronomía y Física Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Córdoba, Argentina
According to the Django 1.2 roadmap, Django will be on release candidates season for the 1.2 release, so this sprint will largely be focused on fixing bugs to make 1.2 as clean as possible. That said, if you want to do feature work, 1.3 will be on its way soon so we won't discourage people who are interested in working on new features for the 1.3 release.
Sprints are a great place to start contributing to the Django project, no previous experience is necessary. Just show up.
What's a sprint? How do I participate?
See Sprints for information about how sprints work, how you can participate, etc.
Anybody, anywhere around the world, can participate and contribute. If you can't make it you can also help out in IRC.
- PyCamp 2010 is a larger event than needs early registration, participants will be already there.
- For the Córdoba sprint, we will be using the Smith room at the Facultad de Matemática, Astronomía y Física de la Universidad Nacional de Córdoba ("en el ultimo piso del ala vieja del edificio, subís al tercer piso, cuando doblás está del lado izq. al final del ala, justo antes de llegar a la escalera"). We will be posting more detailed instructions soon.
- Machinalis is helping with things like the venue for the Córdoba sprint.
If you're planning to participate sign yourself up here:
- Ramiro Morales
- Walter Alini
In PyCamp 2010
- Daniel Moisset