|Version 76 (modified by 9 years ago) (diff),|
December 2007 Django sprint
We'll be holding a Django sprint on Saturday, Dec. 1st, 2007; this page has all the details.
What is a sprint?
Basically, a Django sprint is an excuse for people to focus their undivided attention, for a set time frame, on improving Django. It's a focused, scheduled effort to fix bugs, add new features and improve documentation.
Anybody, anywhere around the world, can participate and contribute. (See the "How to contribute" section below for details.) Most contributors will be at their own homes/schools/workplaces, but a number of people will gather together in person for camaraderie, improved communication and the other benefits of face-to-face interaction.
If you've never contributed to Django before, this is the perfect chance for you to chip in.
How to contribute
It's easy: Pick something to work on and do it. All sorts of tasks are available, from hard-core hacking to improving documentation to fixing small bugs.
Of course, with more than 100 people around the world signed up to help, good communication is essential. We're currently planning the best way to manage contributions.
Have a look at the SprintIdeas page if you would like some ideas about what to work on.
Preparing for the sprint
Here are a few easy things you can do ahead of time to make sure your time is spent effectively:
- Read our "Contributing to Django" document.
- Install the "trunk" version of Django (aka the Django development version).
- Create an account in our ticket system. This will allow you to claim tickets you're working on.
- Familiarize yourself with our ticket system and reports.
- Get an IRC client, so that you can join us in the channel #django-sprint on Freenode.
In person (Lawrence, KS)
If you'd like to attend in person, please email Jacob (jacob -at- jacobian -dot- org) and let him know you're coming. We can provide transportation to/from the Kansas City airport (MCI), and a limited amount of free lodging (i.e. couches and spare bedrooms) is available. Get in touch!
- Jacob Kaplan-Moss
- Christian Metts
- Joseph Kocherhans
- Malcolm Tredinnick
- Jeremy Dunck
- Brett Hoerner
- Justin Bronn
- Travis Pinney
- James Bennett
Add your name below, in alphabetical order by first name.
- Adam Vandenberg (Chapel Hill, NC; GMT-5)
- Adrian Holovaty (Chicago, IL; GMT-6)
- Alex Gaynor (Chicago, IL; GMT-6)
- Alexander Solovyov (Kiev, Ukraine; GMT+2)
- Allagappan M(Bangalore, India; GMT +530)
- Andrews Medina (Rondonópolis, Brasil; GMT-4)
- Armin Ronacher (Hermagor, Austria; GMT+1)
- Bjørn Stabell (Beijing, China; GMT+8)
- Brian Rosner (Denver, CO; GMT-7)
- Caleb Harrelson (Des Moines, IA; GMT-6)
- Chris Beaven (Wellington, New Zealand; GMT+13)
- Christiano Anderson (Sao Paulo, Brazil; GMT-3)
- Cody Collier (Lubbock, TX; GMT-6)
- David Cramer (San Francisco, CA; GMT-8)
- David Larlet (Paris, France; GMT+1)
- David Reynolds (Norwich, UK; GMT)
- Dimitris Glezos (Athens or Patras, Greece; GMT+2)
- Florian Apolloner (Klagenfurt, AT; GMT+1)
- Guilherme Mesquita Gondim (Formiga, Brasil; GMT-3)
- Honza Kral (Prague, Czech Republic; GMT+1)
- Hugh Bien (San Diego, CA; GMT-8)
- Ian Kelly (Boulder, CO; GMT-7)
- Ionuţ Bizău (Beijing, China; GMT+8)
- Jannis Leidel (Weimar, Germany, GMT+1)
- Jason Davies (London, UK; GMT)
- Jay Graves (Denver, CO; GMT-7)
- Johan De Taeye (Brussels, Belgium; GMT+1)
- Jonathan Ballet (Grenoble, France; GMT+1)
- Jonathan Buchanan (Banbridge, UK; GMT)
- Kent Primrose (Waukesha, WI; GMT-6)
- Leo Soto (Santiago, Chile; GMT-3)
- Liam Clarke-Hutchinson (Christchurch, New Zealand, GMT+13)
- Manuel Saelices (Sevilla, España; GMT+1)
- Marc Garcia (Barcelona, Catalonia; GMT+1)
- Marinho Brandão (Goiânia, Brasil; GMT-3)
- Mateusz Lapsa-Malawski (Cracow, Poland; GMT+1)
- Matt Boersma (Boulder, CO; GMT-7)
- Matt McClanahan (Portland, OR; GMT-8)
- Michael Radziej (Nürnberg, Germany; GMT+1)
- Nara Narasimhan (Fremont, CA; GMT-8)
- Nick Efford (Leeds, UK; GMT)
- Nicola Larosa (Rome, Italy; GMT+1)
- Orestis Markou (Athens, Greece; GMT+2)
- Paul Smith (Chicago, IL; GMT-6)
- Rajesh Dhawan (Piermont, NY; GMT-5)
- Ramiro Morales,
freenode.net(Córdoba, Argentina; GMT-3)
- Raphaël Braud (Montbazon, France; GMT+1)
- Remco Wendt (Amsterdam, the Netherlands; GMT+1)
- Reza Mohammadi (Tehran, Iran; GMT+3:30)
- Sean Mc Allister (Vienna, Austria; GMT+1)
- Sidi Mohamed EL AATIFI (Marrakesh, Morocco; GMT)
- Simeon Franklin (Modesto, CA; GMT-8)
- Simon Litchfield (Gold Coast, Australia; GMT+10)
- Simon Oberhammer (Vienna, Austria; GMT+1)
- Thomas Skaflem (Oslo, Norway; GMT+1)
- Tim Goh (Beijing, China; GMT+8)
- Tom Christensen (Salt Lake City, UT, USA; GMT-7)
- Tony Becker (St. Louis, MO, USA; GMT-6)
- Ville Säävuori (Turku, Finland; GMT+2)
- Vsevolod Solovyov (Kiev, Ukraine; GMT+2)
- Yuri Baburov (Novosibirsk, Russia; GMT+6)
- Yves Serrano (Zurich, Switzerland; GMT+1)