|Version 5 (modified by jbronn, 5 years ago) (diff)|
This document details the features that are forthcoming to GeoDjango in the 1.2 release.
These tickets and features are a high priority for inclusion into django.contrib.gis for the Django 1.2 release.
Multiple Database Support
- Extend GSoC multiple-db features to GeoDjango
- All SpatialBackend components will be moved into full-fledged database backends
- Related Bugfixes (multi-db refactoring should solve, or make easy to solve)
- Apply any necessary changes to make GSoC admin-ui compatible.
- #11433: Complete support for 3D Geometries
- PostGIS only, but considering support for SpatiaLite 2.4
- #12154: OGRGeometry coordinate dimension change upon transform
- Need more robust KML serialization to better support 3D (see below)
- #5472: Implement individual map widgets for geometry fields.
- Related tickets:
PostGIS Geography Support
- Add support for the PostGIS 1.5 geography type.
- Come up with a more robust method to serialize KML from geometries
- Need to have way to set clampToGround, relativeToGround, and absolute tags (important for 3D KML)
- Other tags?
- Put in django.contrib.gis.utils.kml?
- Class-based or method-based?
- Upgrade KML templates to use 2.2
- #10923: Use thread-safe GEOS API
- #12010: Add ewkb and hexewkb properties and document the GEOS IO Classes
- #10594: Filter out NULL geometries
- #11854: Add support for PostGIS ST_Azimuth
- Also considering: ST_GeoHash, ST_ForceRHR, ST_MinimumBoundingCircle
- GeoQuerySet method "in-place" option?
Other Tickets and Features
These tickets/features will be considered for inclusion into GeoDjango for 1.2, but there are no guarantees as core developer time is scarce. To increase chances of being accepted, the ticket should have a patch, tests, and as much documentation as possible.
- #11948: Linear referencing